Saturday, March 29, 2008

injured

I've been sick all week (cold, bronchitis). Today I finally felt well enough to go to work. I decided to go to Starbuck's to get a latte on my way. I was feeling pretty cheery as Bruce sent me the sweetest email and we chatted online this morning before I showered. Then I decided to walk down a huge snowbank (a shortcut to get to Starbuck's) in my shoes (who needs boots when the sidewalks are dry?) and I fell about 6 feet down one part of the snowbank and landed on ice. Nobody could see me. I just lay there for about 5 min unable to stand up. God damnit. I finally got up, hopped over to Starbuck's cause really if getting there caused that much pain, I deserved a latte. They gave me my latte for free :) Non-fat latte grande, extra hot. As I walked the rest of the way to work the pain got worse. Gradually over the next couple of hours the pain became extruciating. I could not bear any weight onto my left ankle, I have bruises up my leg, pain in my left arm/shoulder and cuts on my hand. Realizing at this point that I cannot work (as my coworker was less than impressed that she would have to do all of her work and most of mine all day)
so I waited another hour until someone could cover for me and got a ride to the emergency room.... bloodpressure, heart rate, and temp all normal :) Ankle- sprained :( I have to stay off it for 2 days.
I just want to get back to my normal routine, aquafit etc. I was just at the doctor's office on Thursday (now THAT is a long story..... perhaps for another day) and I am on antibiotics.
3 movies that I have watched lately that I think are very good: Laurel Canyon, August Rush, and The Hottest State. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOvOeKxEhXo (song from Laurel Canyon)....
soooooon I will post about my trip :)
Bruce, if you are reading this, I love you baby ;) xo

1 comment:

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Good luck with your new blog! (It looks really cool.)
Hope you're feeling better too!
Bill