Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jodie

My friend Jodie (who is also my coworker and aquafit buddy) has a broken heart. Her boyfriend broke up with her a week and a half ago. We have spent the last week together. She comes over almost every day and I make her dinner and we watch movies and chat- for hours. Tonight after aquafit I went to her place and she made me dinner. It is strange for me to spend so much time with someone. I am very used to it now, and strangely very comfortable with the whole situation. We are very similar in so many ways, it kind of just feels like she is an extension of myself. We live very close to each other (about 1km) so it is quite convenient.
I am helping her the way I would hope someone would help me if I was ever in the same situation.
Over the past 6 months she has become one of my closest friends. I told her things tonight that I have not told ANYONE- ever. It is very rare that I ever trust anyone that much. very rare. There are some things I keep to myself and never share with other people. Tonight we talked for 3 hours over dinner. I told her everything.
Last night I made this pasta- with basalmic vinegar, havarti, grape tomatoes, red onions, oregano and basil. very yummy.


Last night we also made cupcakes- from scratch !!! every one was decorated differently. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture until after I had given some away. They were excellent. (my favorite one was the one with the cow sprinkles- I gave that to my friend Sue to cheer her up)

I brought them to work today and shared them all :)

I also made homemade guacamole- which was soooooo good. Jodie said it was the best she has ever eaten.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, broken hearts suck. Horribly painful. Hugs, Jodie.

Yum on the food, "pinknest" :)